Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Manager
The Black Beauty Collective is a first of its kind marketplace and entrepreneurial collective for Black-owned beauty brands to gain critical business support in marketing, pr, and social media. In addition to business support, entrepreneurs also gain access to retail shelf space at our flagship Chicago store, with additional US locations coming later this year. Featuring exclusively Black-owned brands, the Black Beauty Collective launched with over 56 brands with products ranging from haircare, skincare, makeup, men’s grooming and more.
As a Retail Store Manager, you are a key team member who inspires and helps our Beauty Advisors and customers become the best version of themselves. You are encouraged to encourage, motivate, build community, and help Beauty Advisors grow with our amazing brand. Build your career at The Black Beauty Collective.
Leading a high-performing team of Beauty Advisors, you will have responsibility for top-line sales growth in the mass category (color cosmetics, skincare, sun care, bath, beauty tools, and haircare.. Through your focus on performance, people and process, you will create ever-increasing levels of guest satisfaction, associate excitement and passion, and opportunities for career development to direct reports. That’s a high bar, but for those who want to put their extensive product knowledge on display and build for competitive advantage—all while stretching themselves to new levels of professional performance—Black Beauty Collective will empower you to make your mark, to create a winning legacy that no one can take away.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build Community. Drive team work and collaboration among Beauty Advisors. Enhancing associate engagement by building a high-performance environment that inspires and encourages. Promoting service excellence to leadership by sharing best-practices, establishing priorities and providing support. Ensuring adherence to all Black Beauty Collective policies, procedures and standards
- Creating Amazing Customer Experience. Provide a welcoming environment for our customers by listening to and embracing their unique needs. Unleash your creativity, passion, and knowledge of our iconic brands during every interaction. Suggest and sell products and services to our clients in all areas of the store.
- Supporting Store Success. Help make a beautiful first impression by keeping the store sparkling and stocked. Embrace your winning spirit and drive results by contributing to your store’s sales goals and sharing your knowledge of The Black Beauty Collective’s policies and standards. Support special events, promotions, and priorities as they come up. Participate in inventory control. Ensure compliance with sampling policies. Participate in programs to reduce loss. Designated advisors to be knowledgeable of cashier functions.
- Demonstrate The Black Beauty Collective’s values. Bold. Creative. Inspiration, Empowerment. Passion, Innovation, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Crush goals. Meeting/exceeding sales, profitability and operational goals. Planning/executing in-store mass category events. Reviewing/interpreting financial and operational reporting, including store visit and audit results. Identifying underperforming metrics and generating strategic solutions that leverage existing tools, programs and resources
- 2-3 years of retail store manager experience
- Driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll and controlling expenses
- A proven ability to monitor inventory, achieve operational excellence, drive culture and execute merchandising directives
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend/stretch to stock shelves, stand/walk the sales floor for an entire shift, work in a fragrance filled environment & handle and apply cosmetics products to clients-with or without accommodation
- Flexible availability to work during “peak” retail hours
- Ability to organize and manage in-store events
- Knowledge about what’s new and trending in beauty·
- Experience in retail sales in the hair + beauty industry
- Cosmetology certification
While at The Black Beauty Collective, you’ll enjoy:
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Meaningful Rewards. The Black Beauty Collective offers generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and more.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws.