The Black Beauty Collective is a first of its kind marketplace and entrepreneurial collective for Black-owned beauty brands to gain critical business support in marketing, pr, and social media. In addition to business support, entrepreneurs also gain access to retail shelf space at our flagship Chicago store, with additional US locations coming later this year. Featuring exclusively Black-owned brands, the Black Beauty Collective launched with over 56 brands with products ranging from haircare, skincare, makeup, men’s grooming and more. Build your career at The Black Beauty Collective.
In this role, you are a jack of all trades! Administrative Assistants perform an array of administrative functions critical to running an organization efficiently. You will strategically manage your executives’ complex schedules through prioritization and organization. You will handle travel arrangements, create expense reports, and disseminate information. Your communication will be personable while still getting your point across. As team ambassador, you are proficient in writing and proof-reading with impeccable grammar and composition.
- Managing daily calendars for multiple executives, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute changes
- Arrange and reserve audio, video, or location and other essential services as needed for meetings and conferences
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Drive key team activities and events (such as all-hands meeting, team meetings, conferences, ordering supplies and social events)
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, and emails
- Build and maintain good business relationships
- Participation in general administrative duties (copying and faxing), distributing mail, ad-hoc projects, committees and/or group events
- Promote a fun and team-oriented work environment
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of Administrative experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or Google Suite
- Associates Degree
- At least 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced environment
- At least 1+ years of calendar management
- At least 1+ year of meeting and event planning experience
- Experience setting up video conference and Zoom/Skype technology for meeting user
- Experience planning ahead and managing time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent organizational skills
Must have a personal computer available.
While at The Black Beauty Collective, you’ll enjoy:
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business. We believe in demonstrating our values with action.
- Meaningful Rewards. The Black Beauty Collective offers wellness time off and holiday time off, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and more.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws.