The Black Beauty Collective is a first of its kind marketplace and entrepreneurial collective for Black-owned beauty brands to gain critical business support in marketing, pr, and social media. In addition to business support, entrepreneurs also gain access to retail shelf space at our flagship Chicago store, with additional US locations coming later this year. Featuring exclusively Black-owned brands, the Black Beauty Collective launched with over 56 brands with products ranging from haircare, skincare, makeup, men’s grooming and more.
As a Beauty Advisor, you are a key team member who inspires and helps our customers become the best version of themselves. You are encouraged to explore, create emotional connections, and help customers discover our amazing Beauty Selection. You’ll love working with our diverse team and leaders, who really care about you and help you evolve. Build your career at The Black Beauty Collective.
Your responsibilities include:
- Creating Amazing Customer Experience. Provide a welcoming environment for our customers by listening to and embracing their unique needs. Unleash your creativity, passion, and knowledge of our iconic brands during every interaction. Suggest and sell products and services to our clients in all areas of the store.
- Supporting Store Success. Help make a beautiful first impression by keeping the store sparkling and stocked. Embrace your winning spirit and drive results by contributing to your store’s sales goals and sharing your knowledge of The Black Beauty Collective’s policies and standards. Support special events, promotions, and priorities as they come up. Participate in inventory control. Ensure compliance with sampling policies. Participate in programs to reduce loss. Designated advisors to be knowledgeable of cashier functions.
- Demonstrate The Black Beauty Collective’s values. Bold. Integrity. Community. Excellence. Diversity.
- 18 years or older
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend/stretch to stock shelves, stand/walk the sales floor for an entire shift, work in a fragrance filled environment & handle and apply cosmetics products to clients-with or without accommodation
- Flexible availability to work during “peak” retail hours
- Prior experience working in retail sales or services industries
- Strong communication skills, ability to multitask, and comfortability with computer/store systems
- Knowledge about what’s new and trending in beauty
- A track record of building relationships with customers and team members
- Resilience and the ability to react to situations in-the-moment and stay aware of changing store priorities as they arise
While at The Black Beauty Collective, you’ll enjoy:
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Meaningful Rewards. The Black Beauty Collective offers wellness time off and holiday time off, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and more.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws.